Prep 25 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from Pioneer Lodge a residence for seniors. This is a very tasty jam
Make and share this Rhubarb & Ginger Jam by Dorothy Smith Gooden recipe from Food.com.
- Put rhubarb& sugar inlayers in a glass bowl.
- Cover and allow to sit for 24 hours.
- Strain off the syrup into a saucepan, add ginger.
- Boil syrup& ginger for 30 minutes, medium low heat.
- Add rhubarb and boil again for 15 minutes or until the jam sets.
- Place in sterilized sealers& seal.
This is wonderfully tangy. I added a handful of frozen cranberries as it was sitting and the combination is quite delicious. It made 4 jars.
This is, indeed, a very tasty jam. Easy to make, too. I cut step 4 to about 15 minutes as my syrup was ready. My efforts yielded about 3 cups as opposed to 4.5 pints! I think I would need a whole lot more rhubarb to get that many pints!