I make this quite regularly when fresh rhubarb is plentiful :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a med bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar and salt.
- 2In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and butter.
- 3Gradually add to the dry ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- 4Toss rhubarb with the remaining sugar; gently stir into batter.
- 5In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- 6In a skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- 7Drop batter by tablespoons into hot oil.
- 8Fry a few at a time, turning with a slotted spoon until golden brown.
- 9Drain on paper towels.
- 10Dust with icing sugar.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (941 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 40.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g