Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 mins
I make this quite regularly when fresh rhubarb is plentiful :)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh rhubarb or 2 cups frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- oil (for frying)
- icing sugar
- In a med bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and butter.
- Gradually add to the dry ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Toss rhubarb with the remaining sugar; gently stir into batter.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- In a skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Drop batter by tablespoons into hot oil.
- Fry a few at a time, turning with a slotted spoon until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve warm.
Thesde were easy to make and absolutely DELICIOUS!!! 5 Stars from me. And Thank You for sharing the recipie.