Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Choose the reddest rhubarb stalks you can find for this fool.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 slice lemon, zest of, 2 inches long
- 2 1⁄4 lbs rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (8 cups)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Tie cinnamon stick, cloves and lemon zest together in a cheesecloth bag.
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb sugar and the spice bag.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has the consistency of applesauce, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Discard the spice bag.
- Chill the rhubarb mixture about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, line a colander with cheesecloth and set it over a bowl.
- Spoon in yogurt and let it drain in the refrigerator until it measures 1 1/2 cups, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place the drained yogurt in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the rhubarb mixture and fold lightly, leaving some swirls.
- In a chilled bowl, whip cream and swirl it into the fool.
- Spoon into individual dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours.
- Serves 8.
- 216 calories per serving; 5 G protein, 5 G fat, 41 G Carbohydrate; 55 mg sodium; 18 mg cholesterol.
- Eating Well.