Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Granma's Rhubarb Dumpling recipe modernized
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups cut rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In 2 quart micro-safe dish with cover combine sugar and cornstarch, stir in water til smooth.
- Add rhubarb and butter; cover and microwave on high 5 minutes, stir, microwave 3 minutes til rhubarb is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile combine flour, sugar, baking powder, milk and butter.
- Drop batter in eight mounds onto rhubarb around edges of dish; cover microwave on high 2 minutes.
- (do not lift cover) Rotate dish a quarter; microwave 3 more minutes, or til toothpick inserted in dumpling comes out clean.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon sprinkle over dumplings, serve warm with cream, whipped cream or icecream.
Oh Yum!! Just when I was wondering what to do with the remaining rhubarb! This is so good! I just went to a 600 watt microwave and I had to cook them a little longer. But the results were great! This is a winner! Thanks!!
These were great!!! Definitely something we'll fix whenever we have rhubarb!!!
So delicious and so easy to make!