Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe is wonderful. Very fast and easy to mix up can also use frozen rhubarb. Serve it nice and warm with some ice-cream or cool whip. The marshmallows give the cake a nice golden brown. Preparation time does not include time to clean and dice rhubarb. I put 12 for serving size according to the box, but I am sure you can get more out of a 9x13 inch pan. The recipe is sweet so a smaller piece may be better. Enjoy!
- Arrange rhubarb in the bottom of a 9X13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle Jello over rhubarb.
- Sprinkle sugar over Jello.
- Cover with Marshmallows.
- Prepare cake mix using 2 eggs and the required amount of water called for on the cake mix.
- DO NOT add the oil.
- Spread cake batter over the marshmallows.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 mins.
- Serve warm with cool whip or ice-cream.
This was excellent and quick to whip up with some rhubarb I needed to use up. I told my mom about it and she said she had the recipe and it was called "My Man's Rhubarb Cake"
This is a very kid friendly desert to make in the kitchen. My family thought this desert was great. I have also given this recipe out, and so far everyone has loved it.
I wanted to try one of Canbesweet's recipes and chose this one. Rhubarb is hard to find in our town, but I had strawberries! I made the cake according to the recipe, but had the oil measured out but in time saw DO NOT add oil in capital letters. I served it with vanilla ice cream and it was a cross between strawberry shortcake and a strawberry sundae. Quite yummy and good for summer!