Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This has been a family favorite for years. It is very easy to make. This can also be changed for diabetics using sugar-free jello, sugar substitute, and sugar-free cake mix.
- 1 white cake mix
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- Mix cake mix according to package directions.
- Put into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix the rhubarb, sugar,& jello together.
- Spoon onto cake mix.
- Bake according package directions.
I make this with cherry or peach jello as I have a daughter who is allergic to strawberries. This is one of the recipes that I lost during a move. Thank you ever so much for posting this!!
This surprised me a bit. I was not aware the rhubarb mixture would "sink" to the bottom. I made it a bit messy removing from the pan, but the taste was sure good.
I made this with a regular cake mix but used sugar free Jello, frozen rhubard and Splenda and it was moist and sweet and really good. Especially with frozen Strawberry yogurt.