Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was the only way I would eat rhubarb as a child. Now it's the only way I can get my kids to eat it!
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust, prepared in a 9 x 13 inch pan
- Cook rhubarb and sugar over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, let cook until rhubarb is tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk in jell-o, completely dissolve. Let stand until cool.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over prepared graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate to set.
Because my husband is on South Beach, I substituted Splenda for half the sugar, sugar free jello, 8 oz of cool whip free and put it all in a reduced fat graham cracker pie crust. yum!