Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my favorite dessert and is the first one I made when rubarb is fresh in season!!!! Its really easy to make but it still tastes great!!!! If you don't have a 9x11 inch pan and you are using a 9x13 inch pan maybe reduce the time slighty as the cinnamon might begin to burn!
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 473.18 ml chopped fine rhubarb
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml butter
- For cake: Cream together brown sugar and butter. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour. Fold in rubarb.
- Pour into a 9x11 inch pan.
- For topping: Mix all ingridents together and spread over cake.
- Bake in preheated oven of 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes.
This was really good, I was a little surprised how it turned out. When I initially read the recipe (and started mixing it up) I had thought "cake" but realized as I went on that it's more of a cobbler consistency. I would definitely make this again, I added a bag of frozen strawberries to it, and I liked the fruit to cake ratio that gave me. I would be interested to try it again with only the called for amount of fruit, but I really like how it turned out.
This tasted really great. FIL is a huge fan of rhubarb and he gave it two thumbs up.