Recipe by LindseyKay
A tangy, creamy, delightful pie. I've been known to make rhubarb lovers out of unexpecting friends! This is one of my favorite desserts--hands down.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 4 1⁄2 cups rhubarb
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick pie shell with fork and bake at 450 for 5 minutes.
- Combine rhubarb, flour, salt, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs slightly and add vanilla.
- Stir vanilla and eggs into rhubarb mixture and pour into pie shell.
- Stir together flour and sugar. Cut butter into mixture until it is crumbly and well incorporated.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then reduce heat and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes more.