Recipe by NoraMarie
A teacher sent me this recipe to try as everyone at school makes it. I made 2 pies today. Very good.
Top Review by Suzy_Q
Lovely, straightforward and easy recipe! I've never made any sort of custard pie before. I made a few adjustments: 1) I halved the recipe to make 1 pie. 2) I used Concord Grapes and Italian Plums for the fruit as that's what I had on hand. 3) I reduced the sugar a smidge since the fruit I used doesn't require as much sugar as rhubarb. I accidentally used too much butter but this didn't have any affect on the pie. I also dusted the top with a little cinnamon. For such a risk I was taking with this recipe it came out very good! Would work great with all kinds of fruit.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups rhubarb
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease or spray 2 large pie plates.
- Cut rhubarb in 1 inch chunks.
- Scatter rhubarb in pie plate.
- Melt butter.
- In large bowl put the eggs, butter, flour, milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix with a mixer or blender till mixed.
- Pour over rhubarb.
- When it's baked the crust will be on the bottom, custard in the middle, and rhubarb on top.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes at 350°.