Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Rhubarb is great because it is sweet and tart. it's really different from other kinds of pies.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons butter (for top)
- 2 pie crusts, top and bottom
- mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, and salt.
- add mixture to the beaten eggs.
- beat until smooth.
- add sliced rhubarb and stir.
- slice top crust to make a lattice on top.
- fill bottom crust with pie filling.
- place butter on top.
- add lattice top.
- bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes.
A lovely sweet, tart pie made with some fresh rhubarb my neighbour gave to me!! The filling is creamy and delicious!