Recipe by littlevanillabeans
This is my grandmother's recipe. Every summer my brother brings me rhubarb and asks for a pie to be made just for him. Mom made it with her home made crusts which i never learned how to make. Store bought crust isn't near as good, but will do.
- 1 pie shell
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups rhubarb, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the diced rhubarb in the prepared pie shell.
- In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, milk and extract until well blended.
- Add sugar and flour to the mixture.
- Pour mixture over the rhubarb in the pie shell.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes or until set.