Recipe by mandabears
Weird way with unusual combination of ingredients to make a really good rhubarb pie. The secret to success in this recipe is to chop the rhubarb into small pieces. If fresh rhubarb is not available, frozen thawed rhubarb works just as well.
Top Review by Shazzie
I used fresh rhubarb, diced very small as indicated. However, in the baking process, my rhubarb floated to the top of the mixture and was therefore, baked hard and inedible. So not a success for me I'm afraid :(
- 3 cups raw rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 inches unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place rhubarb in bottom of pie crust.
- Beat eggs and water until frothy.
- Stir in condensed milk and nutmeg.
- Pour over rhubarb.
- Place pie pan on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.