Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Just in time for rhubarb season! This is a great dessert to take to a family get-together!
Make and share this Rhubarb Custard Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- In small bowl, combine all crust ingredients.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Press onto bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine all filling ingredients, except the rhubarb.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- With spoon, stir in rhubarb.
- Pour over hot crust and continue baking for 45-50 minutes or until filling is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and increase temperature to 400F degrees.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Continue beating while gradually adding sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over hot filling (being sure to seal around edges so meringue doesn't shrink as it cools).
- Continue baking for 6-8 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Cool completely; store refrigerated.