- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chopped rhubarb and sugar, (if using cinnamon mix it with sugar, then mix with rhubarb.
- Set aside.
- Prepare yellow cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter in 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle rhubarb mixture on top.
- Pour 1 pint of whipping cream over all and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 350° about 1 hour.
- Cake will rise to top and sauce will form on the bottom.