Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A rhubarb custard on a cookie crust
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rhubarb, diced
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Combine flour, melted butter, and powdered sugar. Put in a 9x13 inch pan, and spread out evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine eggs, flour, sugar, and salt. Fold in rhubarb. Pour over crust and bake for 45 minutes.
- 1/2 batch fits in an 8x8 pan.
These are extremely easy and super delicious. I feel like it's something you could even have kids make so they can feel fancy in the kitchen. <br/><br/>4 tweaks that make these even better:<br/>1) Use oven temp 375--at 350 my 9x9 pan had to bake for almost 1.5 hrs<br/>2) Reduce sugar in custard to 1 1/4 cups<br/>3) Before baking, brush crust with egg whites--helps keep it crisp after baking<br/>5) Slice strawberries and put a layer below and on top of the filling
Yum! Just what I was looking for. My pie crust did'nt turn out and had none in the freezer. Made this instead. Love the buttery crust and creaminess of the custard with the tang of rhubarb. Thanks for sharing jagret!
Simple, cheap, on hand ingredients - DELICIOUS! I didn't change anything. These remind me of my fav. lemon bars. Sooo good.