Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cake is so good and I always get lots of great comments on it. I got the recipe at my local Weight Watchers meeting.
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package fat free sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce (or as much as oil called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix the rhubarb and gelatin and set aside.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box (using egg whites and substituting unsweetened applesauce for the oil).
- Spread half of the cake batter into a 9x13 cake pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the rhubarb and gelatin mixture over the batter.
- Sprinkle with two-thirds of the topping mixture.
- Spread the remaining cake batter over the top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining topping mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes.
Turned out amazing! Thanks you for this extremely tasty and easy recipe.