Top Review by 68Ranchero
Delicious! I gave this one five stars because it was soooo easy and soooo good. Just a note though--when cooking the sause, it did not thicken in the pot, however, it did thicken while baking.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 6 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400; grease 11x7x1 1/2" baking dish.
- In mixing bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs; reserve 1 cup crumbs; press remaining crumbs into baking dish.
- Arrange rhubarb on crumbs.
- In small saucepan combine cinnamon, sugar and cornstarch; stir in water; cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and food coloring.
- Pour on rhubarb; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes; turn temperature to 325; bake for 40 minutes longer.