- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon until crumbly.
- Press half of the oatmeal mixture into a 9" square pan.
- Cover with the diced rhubarb.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla in a small saucepan.
- Cook sugar mixture until thick, stirring frequently.
- Pour liquid over rhubarb.
- Top with remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
- Cut and serve warm with or without whipped, ice or other cream.