Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
For lovers of rhubarb.... This may be my favorite rhubarb dessert.
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon until crumbly.
- Press half of the oatmeal mixture into a 9" square pan.
- Cover with the diced rhubarb.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla in a small saucepan.
- Cook sugar mixture until thick, stirring frequently.
- Pour liquid over rhubarb.
- Top with remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
- Cut and serve warm with or without whipped, ice or other cream.
This is so yummy. For the syrup, I used 1/2 cup of splenda and 1/2 cup sugar. I really like how easy this recipe was. And the taste is wonderful. Thanks BarbryT :) Made for PRMR.
Very good! I made these in ramekins only b/c I had 2 cups of rhubarb instead of 4 so I split the recipe in half and divided everything between 3 ramekins. It did overrun the top (fortunately I had put a cookie sheet under them). I baked for 35 minutes. I used half the white sugar for the syrup mixture as we prefer the tartness of rhubarb coming through. Thanks BarbryT for sharing. Made for PRMR.
This is a great dessert! We love rhubarb and this recipe is just wonderful. So very easy and just the right amount of sugar to the rhubarb. I love the bottom crust, too! Thanks for sharing.