Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love rhubarb!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin try w/ muffin liners or grease the cups instead.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, stir in butter, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and add the wet mixture all at once. Stir until just blended; stir in the chopped rhubarb.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins.
- For the topping: Combine the 2 tbsp melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle a spoonful of topping over each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick tests them done.