1/1 Photo of Rhubarb Crisp Squares
1 hr 10 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This recipe was given to me by a coworker who highly recommends it. I haven't tried it myself ast yet. It comes from "500 Best Cookies, Bars & Squares. Note: If you find that the squares are a little watery, place them in the refrigerator. They should firm up nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease an 8" square cake.
- 4Combine rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch and zest in a saucepan.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- 6Set aside and allow to cool.
- 8Mix together flour, sugar, pecans, cinnamon and salt.
- 9Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs using a pastry blender, 2 knives or your fingers.
- 10Set aside 1 cup.
- 11Press remainder evenly in greased cake pan.
- 12Spread filling evenly over base and sprinkle.
- 13reserved flour mixture evenly over top.
- 14Bake in preheated oven or 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 15Place pan on a rack to cool.
- 16After completely cooled, cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Crisp Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 81.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g