Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Even if you're not wild about rhubarb, you'll be wild about this! You can make this in advance, refrigerate and heat individual servings in the microwave, if you'd like.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 5 -6 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- chopped nuts, if desired
- Mix flour and sugar together, add rhubarb, tossing well.
- Place in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix and chopped nuts, if using, over rhubarb mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50- 60 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
It was so good, I just needed to add a little extra butter to cover all the yellow cake mix and I would recommend using almost 6 cups of rhubarb.
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about easy! Thank you so much for having something fast, easy, and with a cake mix. I'm the cook for a church meeting every tuesday and forgot the dessert until this morning. I mixed it with the strawberries I also had in the freezer. Thanks!
This dessert was very easy to prepare. I used 6c. of rhubarb, chopped pecans and whipping cream. It tasted delicious, however it was very soupy and i felt it lacked the texture that a crisp should have. I probably would not make this again.