1/2 Photos of Rhubarb Crisp: a Celebration of Summer!
My rhubarb flourishes at the end of my clothesline, right next to a patch of hollyhocks that sway in the summer breezes. Right now there are some little birds (I can't make them out with my spotting scope) snatching up pine needles and flitting about busily. Anyway, this recipe comes from the June '09 issue of *Country Living*. I do live in the country, and have an abundance of rhubarb. It's easy to freeze the cut-up pieces, and if you toss the pieces with sugar (right in the zipper bag), you can pop it in the freezer and use them later. The extra sugar will be fine in the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spread 'barb around a 13x9 (or for a thicker crisp use an 11x7) pan.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugars, cinnamon and zest.
- 4Cut in butter with a pastry blender, until it resembles coarse meal; toss in the oats.
- 5Sprinkle "crumble" mixture over 'barb.
- 6Bake until topping is browned and filling is bubbly, about 40-50 minutes.
- 7Serve warm with or without ice cream or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Crisp: a Celebration of Summer!
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 111.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g