Recipe by BrendaM
This is Martha Stewart's Rhubarb Crisp recipe and it's delicious !
Top Review by bitch'n kitchen
I thought it was perfect. I used an 8" square pan and I am glad I did its a little thicker that way. I liked the ratio of fruit to topping. My husband thought there was not enough topping. He likes a ridiculous amount of topping though. He was a little disappointed but I think its because he prefers apple crisp to rhubarb. If you are a rhubarb fan though I think this is amazing.
- 2 lbs rhubarb, sliced crosswise 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine the rhubarb, 1 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup flour; set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine remaining 1/2 cup flour and the butter.
- Pulse until the butter pieces are the size of coarse oats.
- Add brown sugar, oatmeal, and cinnamon.
- Pulse to combine.
- Sprinkle over rhubarb.
- Bake until rhubarb is tender and topping is golden, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.