Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend of mine gave me a couple of recipes to try because I had quite a bit of rhubarb this year. So I created this recipe from the recipes she had given me. Deli-sh! Also in the recipe it calls for Strawberry Jam, I used my own freezer Jam I made earlier this year.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups sliced fresh red rhubarb or 3 cups frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, apples, sugar and flour; stir in jam and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour, pecans and cinnamon until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spoon fruit into an 8-in. square cake pan that has been slightly sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle the oat mixture over fruit.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
This was the easiest an most delicious Rhubarb Crisp, EVER! I was short one apple so substituted with 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries. Served to a dinner party of six with a small scoop of lemon sorbet on the side. Raves reviews!!!