Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have a rhubarb plant growing in my yard, and I love to make this dish during spring and summer, when the stalks are red, tender, and ready to be eaten!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (f).
- Mix the rhubarb, sugar, 2tbs flour, and spice together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, margarine, and 2/3 cups flour. This mixture should be slightly dry and crumbly.
- Place the rhubarb mixture at the bottom of a glass pan, and crumble the brown sugar mixture over it.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until the rhubarb is soft.
- Serve while warm (though it tastes fine re-heated as well).
Loved this! This was my first time using rhubarb for anything. So easy! This recipe will stand on it's own, but I added a few things in mine. I added 1 cup quick oats and a dash of cinnamon to the topping. I also added some sweet black pitted cherries to the filing. I'm sure you can add any fruit to the filling and it will be a hit.