Recipe by VeganKitten
I have a rhubarb plant growing in my yard, and I love to make this dish during spring and summer, when the stalks are red, tender, and ready to be eaten!
Top Review by nancyleeshirley
Loved this! This was my first time using rhubarb for anything. So easy! This recipe will stand on it's own, but I added a few things in mine. I added 1 cup quick oats and a dash of cinnamon to the topping. I also added some sweet black pitted cherries to the filing. I'm sure you can add any fruit to the filling and it will be a hit.
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (f).
- Mix the rhubarb, sugar, 2tbs flour, and spice together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, margarine, and 2/3 cups flour. This mixture should be slightly dry and crumbly.
- Place the rhubarb mixture at the bottom of a glass pan, and crumble the brown sugar mixture over it.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until the rhubarb is soft.
- Serve while warm (though it tastes fine re-heated as well).