Recipe by mliss29
I was about the only rhubarb lover the time I made this, so I got most if it to myself! ;) Of course it's good with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. It's from Ladies Home Journal 100 Great Pie & Pastry Recipes.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen rhubarb
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- FOR FILLING: Mix rhubarb, sugar, and flour.
- Transfer to a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- FOR TOPPING: Cream the butter and sugars.
- Blend in the flour and cinnamon.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Crumble the topping over the rhubarb mixture.
- BAKING: Place the crisp on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or bubbling and golden brown on top.
- Cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.