Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a longtime family favourite which we enjoy in the spring and summer when fresh rhubarb is abundant.
- 4 cups rhubarb, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the rhubarb, 1/4 cup flour and granulated sugar.
- Stir in the jam and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour, granola, cinnamon and ginger.
- Stir in the brown sugar and pecans, then blend in the butter until crumbly.
- Press 2 cups of the granola mixture into the bottom of an 8" square baking dish.
- Spoon the rhubarb mixture over the top, then cover with the remaining granola mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until deep golden brown and the filling is tender.