Recipe by Danielle in New Hampshire
This recipe puts a twist on regular crisps, I love rhubarb, it has such a wonderful flavor and the brown sugar and cinnamon add great flavor to this recipe!
Top Review by Dr. Paul
Cinnamon is a nice flavor addition, but it is a pretty ordinary sort of "crisp" topping. Flour is mentioned in the recipe, but not listed in ingreients, so quantity is not known.
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 9 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350, grease 9x13 baking dish.
- mix oats,brown sugar,flour and butter together, put 1/2 of mixture into the bottom of baking dish, place rhubarb over the mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In medium saucepan cook water,sugar,cornstarch and vanilla over medium heat until thick, let cool slightly,pour over rhubarb and sprinkle remaining oats+flour mixture on top Bake for 30-35 minutes.