Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
You don't even need a tart pan to make this heavenly hazelnut-topped fruit dessert.
Make and share this Rhubarb Cream Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Butter spingform pan, 9x3 inches, or 9-inch square pan.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour and the brown sugar in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until crumbly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed 1 minute until lemon colored.
- Beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, the salt and half-and-half.
- Sprinkle rhubarb over warm crust. Pour egg mixture over rhubarb.
- Add hazelnuts to reserved crumbly mixture; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool at least 2 hours before serving.
- Run metal spatula along side of tart to loosen; remove side of pan.
- Store covered in refrigerator.