1 hr 40 mins
From JoAnna M. Lund’s book, Cooking Healthy with Splenda. She says in the recipe’s intro, “Are you shocked to see such a short list of ingredients for this luscious pie? In this case, simplicity is the key to something spectacularly good.” The biggest difference between this recipe and the many others posted on food.com is that this one doesn’t contain eggs. Prep and cook times don’t include resting times nor refrigeration before serving. Nutritional information per serving: 175 calories, 7 gm fat, 3 gm protein, 25 gm carbohydrate, 124 mg sodium, 76 mg calcium, 1 gm fiber.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rest piecrust for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Cut the room temperature piecrust in half on the folded line. Gently roll each half into a ball. Wipe counter with a wet cloth and place a sheet of waxed paper on top of the damp counter. Place one of the balls on the waxed paper. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper and roll out into a 9-inch circle with rolling pin. Carefully remove waxed paper from one side and place crust into an 8- or 9-inch pie plate. Remove other piece of waxed paper.
- 4In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, SPLENDA and flour. Add half & half. Mix carefully to combine.
- 5Spoon rhubarb mixture into prepared piecrust.
- 6HINT: Place piece of uncooked elbow macaroni upright in center of pie to keep filling from cooking out of crust.
- 7Repeat process of rolling out remaining piecrust half. Place on top of pie. Flute edges. Lightly spray top crust with butter-flavored cooking spray. Make about 8 slashes with a knife to allow steam to escape.
- 8Bake in pre-heated oven for 50-to 60 minutes or until done.
- 9Place pie plate on a wire rack and let set for at least 30 minutes.
- 10Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Cut into 8 slices.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: