Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love anything with rhubarb. This is from the blog Mama's Minutia
- 9 inches butter, crust
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced rhubarb (the rosier the better)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Line the pie pan with the crust and crimp the edges. If you want to blind bake your crust to help it get a little more color, do it now. (This is optional. Do whatever you need to get a golden brown crust.).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar. Add the eggs and whisk thoroughly. Add the cream and whisk some more.
- Dump the diced rhubarb into the pie shell, pour the cream mixture over top, and bake the pie at 375 F for about 30-45 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the center of the pie no longer jiggles when you wiggle the pan and the crust is golden brown on the edges and bottom.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator before serving.