Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This dessert uses jello and ice vanilla ice cream to make a firm and creamy dessert out of rhubarb. You can make them in individual dishes or pour mixture into a pie shell.
Top Review by Pudiimom
Except, I changed the recipe. I didn't have frozen strawberries, so I used 1 & 1/2 cups strawberry swirl ice cream instead of vanilla, then I put it all into a graham cracker pie crust. It was a big hit at our dinner!
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (raspberry ok)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, combine rhubarb and water; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over medium heat until rhubarb is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in gelatin (either strawberry or raspberry) and sugar until dissolved.
- Add frozen strawberries (or raspberries) and ice cream; alow to thaw, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into indivitual servind dishes. Refrigerate several hours or until firm.
- Serve with a garnish of whipped cream on top.