1 hr 5 mins
Domestic Goddess's Note:
A torte with a graham cracker crust, a cream cheese filling, and with a rhubarb/strawberry topping. This is one of my "favorite" desserts!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the crust:
- 2Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press mixture in bottom of a greased 11x7-inch baking pan, and set aside.
- 3In a bowl, gradually add the well beaten eggs to the softened cream cheese; mix well.
- 4Add the sugar and vanilla extract; pour over the crumb mixture in pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- 6While cooling, prepare the topping.
- 7In a saucepan, add the rhubarb, sugar, and water. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes; stirring often.
- 8Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes more; stirring often.
- 9Add the strawberry gelatin to the pan; stir until dissolved. Let set to cool at room temperature, (for 30 minutes) then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 10Spread topping over the cream cheese mixture.
- 11Refrigerate for several hours, before serving.
- 12Note: I used the entire package of graham crackers (1-1/2 cups) to make the crust.
- 13I also added about 1 more tablespoon of sugar, and a 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter. I did this so the remainder of the graham cracker crumbs wouldn't go to waste.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Cream Cheese Torte
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.3 mg
- Sodium 213.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g