Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A torte with a graham cracker crust, a cream cheese filling, and with a rhubarb/strawberry topping. This is one of my "favorite" desserts!
- 1 1⁄3 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 lbs diced rhubarb (about 5 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- To make the crust:
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press mixture in bottom of a greased 11x7-inch baking pan, and set aside.
- In a bowl, gradually add the well beaten eggs to the softened cream cheese; mix well.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract; pour over the crumb mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- While cooling, prepare the topping.
- In a saucepan, add the rhubarb, sugar, and water. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes; stirring often.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes more; stirring often.
- Add the strawberry gelatin to the pan; stir until dissolved. Let set to cool at room temperature, (for 30 minutes) then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Spread topping over the cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate for several hours, before serving.
- Note: I used the entire package of graham crackers (1-1/2 cups) to make the crust.
- I also added about 1 more tablespoon of sugar, and a 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter. I did this so the remainder of the graham cracker crumbs wouldn't go to waste.
Oh my - how much do I love rhubarb and this sure is wonderful. Just a little too sweet for us, but that I adjust. Grew up with rhubarb growing in the back yard and it is probably my favorite pie. DH eats it but not addicted to it like me. Thanks for submitting.