Recipe by Domestic Goddess
Rhubarb, sugar, canned crushed pineapple, and a cranberry flavored gelatin, make up this wonderful tasting jam.
- 6 cups sliced rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) box cranberry Jell-O gelatin or 1 (6 ounce) box cranberry-raspberry gelatin or 1 (6 ounce) boxcranberry-strawberry gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, add rhubarb and sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- Cover bowl, and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture and crushed pineapple, in a large kettle.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, lower heat just a bit, and gently boil 15 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Turn off stove, add dry gelatin; mix well.
- Carefully ladle into sterilized glass jars; cover with lids.
- Cool to room temperature, before storing in the refrigerator, or freezer.