Recipe by Courtly
Sweet 'n' tangy! From Taste of Home by Elaine Scott.
Top Review by Simmering Sue
Yum Yum Yum - my husband found a bag of frozen rhubarb in the freezer and he decided to make these wonderful cookies. We didnt have any white choc in the pantry so he used half choc chips and half peanut butter chips. Instead of oats he used granola musli - a lovely armoma and an even more lovely taste! Thanks Courtly!!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the oats, rhubarb, chips and cranberries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.