Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Eat it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 5 cups fresh rhubarb, cut in 1-inch pieces
- orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; mix well.
- Add rhubarb nutmeg(optional), butter and grated orange rind.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place in 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake in 375F preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix cobbler topping ingredients and.
- drop"blobs" of topping on fruit.
- Bake at 350F for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I love rhubarb cobbler and this is a great recipe!
Yummy, Yummy, what a great recipe you have there, have made this already twice, the only thing I did different was I doubled the cobbler topping. Had with frozen vanilla yogurt, and it was fantastic. Thank you for posting such a great recipe.
The topping of this is the best I have ever tried - I've since used it on a peach cobbler and it was fantastic. The rhubarb filling is also absolutely delicious, but a little sweet, so next time I'll use a little less sugar. This is a definite make-again :)