Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from the Colorado Cache cookbook. I was given some rhubarb by a friend several years ago, and when I looked for a recipe to use it, this is the one I came up with. It has since become one of our favorites and is a recipe that I like to fix for Easter dinner.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, oatmeal, butter and cinnamon.
- Press half the mixture into a greased 8 inch square baking dish. Set remainder aside.
- Combine sugar, water and cornstarch in a saucepan and cook until very thick.
- Stir in rhubarb and vanilla, then pour over the oatmeal mixture in the baking dish.
- Top with remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for one hour.
- This is very good served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.