Top Review by Mike_Boz
I brought this to a BBQ at a pregnant friends place because I knew she would appreciate something non-alcoholic but special. This was a hit and she couldn't stop raving about it. I altered it slightly: I halved the recipe which made 1 pitcher. I threw in a cup of strawberries and simmered them with the rhubarb, used honey in place of the sugar and used 2 cans of diet ginger ale. Delicious! I can't wait to make it again.
- 8 cups diced rhubarb
- 5 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart ginger ale or 1 quart 7-Up soda, chilled
- 1 quart fresh strawberries or 1 quart frozen strawberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In kettle, simmer rhubarb and water until rhubarb is soft.
- Cool; strain.
- Measure 4 cups juice and return to kettle with the sugar.
- Heat to dissolve sugar.
- Add the orange and lemon juices.
- Just before serving, add ginger ale and strawberries, if desired.
- Pour over ice.