Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Prevention Magazine. My rhubarb is just a few inches high, but this sounds like something I would enjoy with chicken or pork.
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb coarsely chopped rhubarb, about 3 1/4 cups
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rhubarb and cook until the pieces are starting to fall apart, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, and let cool. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the cilantro.