Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Company's Coming
Make and share this Rhubarb Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken up
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Mix first 9 ingredients in a large heavy pot.
- Tie mustard seed, cinnamon stick and cloves in a double layer of cheesecloth. Add to pot.
- Heat on medium, stirring often as it comes to a boil and sugar dissolves.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 40 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Discard spice bag.
- Fill hot sterilized pint jars to within 1/2 inch of top. Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands securely.
- For added assuarnce against spoilage, you may choose to process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.