Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe in the taste of homes garden fresh book.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Add rhubarb, onion and raisins. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Stir in food coloring if desired.
- Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.