Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This can be refrigerated or stored in the freezer, try this with different flavors of jell-0, the possibilities are endless! fresh chopped strawberries can be replaced for the rhubarb if desired or use half of each, plan ahead there is a 24 hour chilling time for the rhubarb, servings is only estimated, this is a sweet jelly ;-)
- Place the diced rhubarb in a large bowl; pour 4 cups sugar over and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the rhubarb mixture in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the fruit is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pie filling and gelatin powder; bring the mixture to a medium boil, stirring until no gelatin granules remain and the mixture is completely combined.
- Stir in almond extract (if using).
- Pour into a heat-proof shallow pan and refrigerate.
- When the mixture is completely cold, place into plastic containers or glass jars.
- Store in refrigerator of freeze.
This is the easiest jelly recipe and really good. Great way ti impress the family with homemade jelly. I put the mixture into jars and refrigerated instead of pouring into the pan, it turned out great. Super fast!!
easy jelly good too