Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Rhubarb, sugar, cherry gelatin, and canned cherry pie filling; make up this wonderful tasting jam.
- 6 cups sliced rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) box cherry gelatin
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, add the rhubarb and sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture in a large kettle.
- Cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until mixture starts to boil, then lower the heat just a bit, and cook for 12 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Remove kettle from heat, and add the gelatin powder, and keep stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the can of pie filling, and stir thoroughly until mixed through.
- Return the kettle to the stove. Start to cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove the kettle from the heat, and carefully ladle the jam into the sterilized glass jars.
- Cover the jars with the lids, then cool the jam to room temperature, before storing the jam in the refrigerator or freezer.
6 cups sugar 1 can 15 1/2 pineaple 3 boxs jello made april 28 2003 got from wjag it very good says darlene
Just like I remember when I was a kid! Oh, also is really good on vanilla ice cream too!!
This was a big hit in our house. It's easy to make and doesn't require alot of prep time. I mashed up the cherries in the pie filling for a smoother texture.