1/3 Photos of Rhubarb Cherry Dessert With Cookie Crust
1 hr 11 mins
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
This is a spin-off of several rhubarb recipes I've tried recently, including one by Chef#537937... I liked the topping on one and the crust of another - put them together and 'ah ha!' Sweet and tart rhubarb dessert with a hint of cherries - easy to make and can be eaten soon after taking out of the oven; also wonderful served cold! A dollop of whipped cream or ice cream is a sweet addition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free cherry gelatin (or any red color will do)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 11x7 baking dish or baking pan. A 10x6 pan is perfect for this recipes, so use that if you've got one --
- 2For Crust: Combine flours and powdered sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (mixture will seem powdery, but will come together while baking).
- 3Press mixture to bottom on baking pan and bake for 11 minutes.
- 4While crust is baking, combine rhubarb, sugar-free jello, cornstarch and Splenda or sugar for filling. Pour over crust and spread evenly.
- 5Prepare topping: combine flour and sugars. Add melted butter and toss with a fork, until you have little crumbs. Sprinkle over rhubarb filling.
- 6Return to oven and bake 45-50 minutes. Cool on wire rack. When cool, move to refrigerator (or crust will get soggy) - I enjoy this cold just as much as warm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Cherry Dessert With Cookie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 59.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: