Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So I had a craving for cheesecake but I also had to use up the last of the rhubarb....this is the result
- 2 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, plus
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 (250 g) packageslow fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Crust: Combine graham crumbs, oats and sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle in melted margarine and cut theough with a butter knife until moist. Line the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with parchment and press crumb mixture into bottom of pan. Bake 10 min's at 325°F.
- Cheesecake: In a bowl toss rhubarb with sugar and cinnamon. Set aside while preparing rest of cake (stirring twice). Raise oven temp to 350°F.
- Beat creamcheese till smooth. Add sugar and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Beat in egg & egg white one at a time until well combined.
- Drain rhubarb from the sugary juice and fold rhubarb into creamcheese mix. Set aside sugary juice for garnish.
- Pour creamcheese mix over crust and bake for 20 min, or until just set.
- When done, cool to room temp, then cool again in fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and drizzle with sugary juice!