Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
An absolutely yummy, eye catching dessert
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb (sometimes I use rhubarb and strawberries mixed- can be frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring
- Mix graham crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar and melted butter.
- Press into 9 x 13 pan Bake 375F 10mins and cool.
- Mix cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Beat well.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat til smooth.
- Pour onto cooled crust.
- Bake 375F 20-25 mins til centre is set and edges are lightly browned.
- Bring rhubarb, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, cornstarch, cinnamon and food colouring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower heat and simmer, stirring constantly 5-6 mins til thickened.
- Cool and pour onto baked cheesecake.
- Cool in fridge.
What an elegant dessert. Impressive looking and very tasty. The combination of the rhubarb and the cheesecake complement each other. Not an overly sweet dessert.
Very good dessert, I only made 1/2 a recipe which is a good thing as it was tempting to keep eating more!
This was great!My co-workers loved it even the ones that don't like rhubarb loved it.