Is it a cake? Or are they squares? Guess it depends what size pieces you cut! Has a shortbread crust and crumble topping. Two sizes depending on how much rhubarb you have (be careful when reading the ingredient quantities for each to get the corresponding crust and filling). From my lovely mother-in-law.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Crust (8 inch pan)
Filling (8 inch pan)
Crust (13 inch pan)
Filling (13 inch pan)
- 1Mix the cake ingredients with fork.
- 2Reserve 1 cup for the topping (1 1/2 cups for the 9x13 inch pan) and press the rest into the pan.
- 3For the filling: cream butter.
- 4Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- 5Add eggs and beat until creamy.
- 6Fold in chopped rhubarb.
- 7Pour the filling over the base.
- 8Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
- 9Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until done. Delicious hot or cold.
- 11Note: if a recipe comes from a mother, it has no calories.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Cake/Squares - Two Sizes
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1793.0
- Calories from Fat 735
- Total Fat 81.7 g
- Saturated Fat 49.9 g
- Cholesterol 344.3 mg
- Sodium 979.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 251.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 144.4 g
- Protein 20.2 g