Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a yummy way to use rhubarb in the spring. You can also use frozen rhubarb. Whenever I make this, everyone loves it!!! It is very easy to whip up!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add baking soda, salt, flour and buttermilk.
- Mix until fluffy.
- Add rhubarb.
- Place batter in a 9x13 inch GLASS pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
A very light and moist cake. I think next time I'd actually make it without the sugar on top, since the cake is plenty sweet on its own, but maybe mix the cinnamon into the batter. I plan on trying this with other fruits.
Excellent. Very moist and delicious. It was gobbled down quickly, even by the very picky children. Will make again often. Definatly 5 stars.
My family really enjoyed this recipe. I had to use a half cup of strawberries because I didn't have enough rhubarb, and it tasted great. The cake was very moist and tasty.